Table of Contents
- Crisis Plan & Hotline
- Drug & Alcohol Treatment
- Food Distribution
- Medication Delivery
- Physical Activity
- Stress Relief
Family & Parenting Resource
Educational and Fun Activities for Children
- Brooklyn Public Library - Virtual programming for kids of all ages, including: yoga, storytime, improve and more.
- Children's Museum of Manhattan - You may not be able to visit the children's museum, but why not bring it home to you? Visit the Children's Museum of Manhattan's website for some ideas on how to fill your child's day with engaging interactive activities. There's something for everyday of the week!
- Children's Museum of the Arts - Check out these videos from the Children's Museum of the Arts and learn how to make creative art projects out of household materials: tie-dye flowers, space stations, puppets. There's something for everyone!
- Disney Workouts - Disney is offering free, family-friendly workout series that will have you breaking a sweat without even leaving your home.
- Lincoln Center Pop-up Classroom - a daily dose of creativity designed and led by some of world's best artists and educators. Each daily digital live class will utilize simple materials found at home to help families with children explore a variety of art forms.
- NYC Parks - While you're socially distancing and/or staying home, join us in the parks - online. Join us for live park tours, meditation, fitness, art classes, fun activities for kids, and more!
- Scholastic - Scholastic created a fun-filled list of free at-home activities for children.
- Storyline Online - A digital library of dozens of children's books read by celebrated actors, including Oprah Winfrey.
- Time for Kids - magazine is providing access to its digital archive. Stories are suitable for Grades K-6 and grouped according to grade level. They are designed to teach children about the world around them and build news literacy.
- Coronavirus Tips & Resources for Parents, Children, Educators & Others
- Coping with COVID - In this presentation, Laura Pantaleo, PsyD and Michael Costa, MS from Zucker Hillside Hospital cover the stress, anxiety and depression that children and families may be experiencing right now and they offer strategies that can help with managing these feelings.
- Parenting During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Vera Feuer, MD is the Director of Pediatric Emergency Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Urgent Care, Cohen’s Children Medical Center- Northwell Health. She gives an insightful presentation on parenting during the current situation.
- Helping Children Feel Less Lonely
- Child Mind Institute - Supporting Kids During the COVID-19 Crisis: Tips for nurturing and protecting children at home
- How to Avoid Passing Anxiety on to Your Kids
- PBS - Read this article from PBS Kids that provides helpful tips about talking to children about COVID-19.
- Sesame Street - Our friends at Sesame Street created a guide on how to discuss COVID-19 with young children.
- Importance of Washing Hands - Sesame Street created fun, printable coloring pages that teaches children how to wash their hands step-by-step. Importance of Washing Hands:
- Child Traumatic Stress Network - Parent Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus
Health and Wellness Resources
Crisis Plan & Hotline
Please check our page dedicated to Crisis Hotlines.
Drug & Alcohol Treatment
- Tempest – A Virtual program changing how individuals access recovery for alcohol use disorder; offering free online recovery support meetings during COVID-19 outbreak
- THRIVE Recovery Community & Outreach Center
Companies that are offer prescription delivery in NYC and/or throughout NY state for consumers
- Capsule - Digital pharmacy that offers hand-delivered same-day medication drop off to its customers both for convenience and access for the home-bound.
- Walgreens - Patients can reach a Walgreens pharmacist via phone, in store or using the pharmacy chat option on our website and Walgreens app to address COVID-19 questions. Walgreens is also waiving delivery fees for all eligible prescriptions.
- CVS Pharmacy - CVS Pharmacy is waiving charges for home delivery of prescription medications, to help patients avoid visiting their local CVS Pharmacy for refills or new prescriptions.
- 25 Ways To Get Moving At Home.
- 20 Ways To Get Moving While You Work:
- YMCA is offering free online exercise classes
- Touro Legal Help Line -Touro has launched a legal helpline that will be open Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Phone: 631-761-7198
- New York's Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019 created new protections for tenants
Special Needs Resources
Information For Families with A Child with an Intellectual and/or Developmental Disability During the Covid-19 Pandemic
These resource guides were developed in April, 2020. Some resources address all children’s needs; some were developed specifically for children with I/DD and/or Autism.
- Overview Guide
- Expert Advice and General Resources
- Tools for Helping Children Cope
- Access to Internet, Health, Education and Other Special Needs Services
- Tools for Maintaining Skills and Behavior
- Activities for Learning and Fun
Long Island County Updates
Online Bereavement Support Groups