Family & Parenting Resource
Educational and Fun Activities for Children
- Brooklyn Public Library - Virtual programming for kids of all ages, including: yoga, storytime, improve and more.
- Children's Museum of Manhattan - You may not be able to visit the children's museum, but why not bring it home to you? Visit the Children's Museum of Manhattan's website for some ideas on how to fill your child's day with engaging interactive activities. There's something for everyday of the week!
- Children's Museum of the Arts - Check out these videos from the Children's Museum of the Arts and learn how to make creative art projects out of household materials: tie-dye flowers, space stations, puppets. There's something for everyone!
- Disney Workouts - Disney is offering free, family-friendly workout series that will have you breaking a sweat without even leaving your home.
- Lincoln Center Pop-up Classroom - a daily dose of creativity designed and led by some of world's best artists and educators. Each daily digital live class will utilize simple materials found at home to help families with children explore a variety of art forms.
- NYC Parks - While you're socially distancing and/or staying home, join us in the parks - online. Join us for live park tours, meditation, fitness, art classes, fun activities for kids, and more!
- Scholastic - Scholastic created a fun-filled list of free at-home activities for children.
- Storyline Online - A digital library of dozens of children's books read by celebrated actors, including Oprah Winfrey.
- Time for Kids - magazine is providing access to its digital archive. Stories are suitable for Grades K-6 and grouped according to grade level. They are designed to teach children about the world around them and build news literacy.
- Coronavirus Tips & Resources for Parents, Children, Educators & Others
- Coping with COVID - In this presentation, Laura Pantaleo, PsyD and Michael Costa, MS from Zucker Hillside Hospital cover the stress, anxiety and depression that children and families may be experiencing right now and they offer strategies that can help with managing these feelings.
- Parenting During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Vera Feuer, MD is the Director of Pediatric Emergency Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Urgent Care, Cohen’s Children Medical Center- Northwell Health. She gives an insightful presentation on parenting during the current situation.
- Helping Children Feel Less Lonely
- Child Mind Institute - Supporting Kids During the COVID-19 Crisis: Tips for nurturing and protecting children at home
- How to Avoid Passing Anxiety on to Your Kids
- PBS - Read this article from PBS Kids that provides helpful tips about talking to children about COVID-19.
- Sesame Street - Our friends at Sesame Street created a guide on how to discuss COVID-19 with young children.
- Importance of Washing Hands - Sesame Street created fun, printable coloring pages that teaches children how to wash their hands step-by-step. Importance of Washing Hands:
- Child Traumatic Stress Network - Parent Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus