988: MORE THAN JUST A NUMBER: On July 16th, 2022, 988 became the new, three-digit number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL). Call, text, or chat 988 if you or a loved one are struggling with: substance use, depression, emotional distress, anxiety, stress caused by financial worries, relationships, sexual identity, abuse, mental and physical illness, loneliness, etc.
- Crisis Text Line: Text "Got5" to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- NYS HOPEline: 24/7 Help with Addiction, Substance Use, and Gambling
Call 877-846-7369 | Text HOPENY (467369)
- New York State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906
- New York State Domestic Violence Text Line: 1-844-997-2121
- Children of Hope/Safe Haven Baby Program: 1-877-796 HOPE (4673)
- Children’s Mobile Crisis Team (Nassau): 516-868-3030, Ext. 200
- Children’s Mobile Crisis Team (Suffolk): 631-370-1700
- Mental Health Association of Nassau County: 516-504-HELP (4357)
- Long Island Crisis Center Hotline: 516-679-1111
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support for people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 24/7, 365-day-a-year hotline for people experiencing suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Call 1-800-273-8255, 1-888-628-9454 (Espanol) or click here to chat.
How to Work Effectively with Nassau County Police During a Mental Health Crisis